The University of Sri Jayewardenepura (USJP) calls applications to conduct the Aptitude Test to select candidates to follow the course of study in Sports Science and Management on the basis of the results of G.C.E. (A/L) Examination 2018.
In order to be eligible for admission to the above mentioned degree programme, candidates should be qualified for university admission with at least “S” passes for three subjects available in Arts, Commerce, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences or Technology subject stream at the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination held in 2018 (Please refer the Admission handbook 2018/19).
Aptitude Test will only be conducted in English medium. Aptitude Test has two components, a written paper and a practical test.
- Theoretical knowledge related to the field of Sports Science and Management is tested via a one and a half hour (1½ h) objective test. This written test carries Forty (40) marks.
- Practical test carries Thirty (30) marks. Practical test components are : 35 m Sprint, 5×10 m Shuttle run, 1000 m Aerobic run, Standing Broad Jump, Push Ups (Nature of the Push Ups test is same for both male and female candidates) and Sit and Reach Test. The candidate should produce a valid medical certificate obtained from a licensed medical practitioner before starting the said test.
Thirty (30) marks out of the total of 100 marks for the Aptitude Test will be allocated for the candidate’s achievements in International, National, and Provincial level performances of sports.
Photocopies of the candidate’s certificates of the highest sports achievements obtained within the past five years (2013–2018) should be sent along with the application. All sports certificates should be certified by the Principal of the School/Divisional Education Director/Provincial Education Director or the Sports Director.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applicants are required to download the application forms from the USJP web site of www.sjp.ac.lk or prepare their own application forms in accordance with the specimen on A-4 size papers.
Applicants who wish to sit for the Aptitude Test at USJP should submit their applications under registered post on or before 25th February 2019 to reach:
Faculty of Applied Sciences
University of Sri Jayewardenepura
“Aptitude Test for B.Sc. (SSM)” should be mentioned on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Applicants should pay a fee of Rs 1000/= to the Account Number 097-1-001-7-001-4075 (People’s Bank) in favour of University of Sri Jayewardenepura and send the receipt along with the application.
A complete application should include the following;
- Aptitude Test fee payment voucher for Rs. 1000/=
- Certified copy of G.C.E. (A/L) 2018 Examination results (including Z Score & General Test marks; certified by the Principal of the School or a Justice of the Peace)
- Certified copy of G.C.E. (O/L) Examination results (certified by the Principal of the School or a Justice of the Peace)
- Photocopies of Sports Certificates (certified by the Principal of the School/Divisional Education Director/Provincial Education Director)
- An affidavit in support of changes appeared in the application and certificates, if any
- A self-addressed envelope (10.5 × 22.5 cm) with a stamp (Rs. 50/=)
The Written Test will be held on 21st March 2019, from 9.30 – 11.00 a.m. The Written Test will be held simultaneously in USJP and Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka. The Practical Test will be held on 21st, 22nd and 23rd March 2019.
The Admission Card and other relevant information regarding the Aptitude Test will be sent to the applicants who have satisfied the admission requirements, through registered post.
Duly filled application forms together with all the relevant documents will be accepted only till 25th February 2019.
For further information, please contact:
Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Dept. of Sports Science, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
University of Sri Jayewardenepura