B.Sc. (Honors) (USJP), Ph.D. (Wayne State University, USA)
B.Sc. Special Degree (Chemistry) (Honors) – University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, 2014
Ph.D. – Wayne State University, USA – 2021
Synthesis of redox-innocent metal complexes to develop corrosion inhibition coatings.
Selected publications and patents:
- Weeraratne, A. D. K. I.; Hewa-Rahinduwage, C. C.;Luo, L.; Verani, C. N., Electrochemical Quantification of Corrosion Mitigation on Iron Surfaces with Gallium(III) and Zn(II) Metallosurfactants. Langmuir, 2020, 36(47), 14173-14180.
- Weeraratne, A. D. K. I.; Hewa-Rahinduwage, C. C.; Gonawala, S.; Luo, L.; Verani, C. N., A Molecular Approach for Mitigation of Aluminum Pitting based on Films of Zinc(II) and Gallium(III) Metallosurfactants. Chemistry – A European Journal, 2019, 25 (62), 14048-14053.
- Weeraratne, A. D. K. I.; Baydoun, H.; Shakya, R.; Niklas, J.; Xie, L.; Mao, G.; Stoian, S.; Poluektov, O.; Verani, C., Observation of Current Rectification by the New Bimetallic Iron (III) Hydrophobe [FeIII2 (LN4O6)] on Au| LB-Molecule| Au Devices. Dalton Transactions, 2018, 47, 14352-14361.
- Esther and Stanley Kirschner Graduate Award (Top overall graduate student in Inorganic Chemistry) – Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, USA (2021)
- Summer Dissertation Fellowship Award – Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, USA (2020)
- Thomas C. Rumble Graduate Fellowship Award – Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, USA (2019)
- High Distinction at Australian National Chemistry Quiz – Sri Lanka (2007)
- Member of American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Treasurer of NOBCChE Organization, Wayne State University, 2019/2020