TA SDT 650 provides simultaneous measurement of weight change (TGA) and true differential heat flow (DSC) on the same sample from ambient to 1,500 ˚C.
TGA: Measure the rate of change in the weight of a material as a function of temperature or time. (weight loss or gain due to decomposition, oxidation, or dehydration)
DSC: Measure the heat flow difference between reference and sample as a function of temperature or time to identify physical changes in the materials. (phase transitions)
What Simultaneous DSC-TGA can tell you?
- Thermal stability of materials-Explicate decomposition mechanism, identification & quality control
- Oxidative stability of materials-Oxidative decomposition of organic substances in air/O2 & thermal decomposition in an inert atmosphere
- The estimated lifetime of a product-Related to thermal stability
- Decomposition kinetics of materials-Rate of reaction etc.
- Moisture and volatiles content of materials-Loss of moisture, drying, desorption, etc.
SPECIFICATIONS – TA SDT 650
Click the following link for the reservation of the TGA instrument