|Registration Form||Request Form||Online Reservation|
- Every student must submit a duly completed “Request Form” for the relevant analysis in advance. User can submit it online without supervisor’s approval. However, the form with supervisor’s signature and relevant Lecturer In-Charge’s (LIC) signature must be provided prior to carry out the experiment.
- Samples without supervisor’s approval will not be analyzed.
- Once the “Request Form” is submitted, a time slot must be reserved by logging to the online reservation system.
- Only the number of analysis approved in the “Request Form” will be considered.
- It is important to emphasize that the sample analysis will not be performed in the absence of the student.
- In some special cases, such as poor quality of data or absence of expecting results, LIC or the coordinator will request special approval from the research supervisor to further continue the analysis.
- Coordinator of the IC-FAS has right to change and reschedule the reserved-time due to unavoidable circumstances such as instrument maintenance and repairs.
- If you are not familiar with sample preparation methods, please contact either LICs or the coordinator before sample preparation for analysis.
- Lab facilities or chemicals (except calibration standards for AAS) will not be provided.
- If the number of analysis is significantly higher, the coordinator will discuss with the research supervisor to maximize the fair user policy. The average time taken for a sample analysis is shown below for your reference.
|Instrument||Instrument warm-up time||Time taken for an analysis||Number of analysis per request|
|GC-MS||45 minutes||15 to 60 minutes||2 hrs or maximum of 05 analysis|
|AAS flame||30 minutes||<5 minutes||1 hr or maximum of 50 analysis|
|AAS furnace||30 minutes||5 to 10 minutes||1 hr or maximum of 25 analysis|
|FT-IR||15 minutes||<5 minutes||30 min or maximum of 05 analysis|
|Fluorescence||30 minutes||<5 minutes||20 min or maximum of 10 analysis|
|XRD||30 minutes||15 to 60 minutes||2 hrs or maximum of 5 analysis|
|UV-VIS||10 minutes||<5 minutes||30 min or maximum of 10 analysis|
|IC||45 minutes||20 to 40 minutes||2 hrs or maximum of 05 analysis|
11.Students are not allowed to handle any instrument without permission.
12.If the analyzed samples are not collected they will be discarded after 48 hours.
13.Instrumentation Facility does not take responsibility on the precision and accuracy of the data.
14.It is recommend all our users to acknowledge the IC-FAS for the work done in whole, or in part, at Instrument Center of Faculty of Applied Sciences of University of Sri Jayewardenepura with the following statement:
“This research [or, A portion of this research] used resources at Instrument Center operated by Faculty of Applied Sciences of University of Sri Jayewardenepura.”
If you acknowledge us please do not forget to email us a copy of your publication for our records.
15.If a staff member of the IC-FAS is profoundly involved in a research project, you are highly advised to add that person as a co-author in scientific publications.