Professor in Physics/ Head of the Department
B.Sc.(USJ), M.Sc., Ph.D.(Tohoku), CPhys, FIP(SL)
Research Interests: Geophysics, Seismology, Computational Physics, Physics of the Waves; Disaster management
Ph.D. in Geophysics (Seismology), Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University, Japan.
M.Sc. in Geophysics, Dept. of Geophysics, Graduate School of Science, Tohoku University, Japan.
Diploma in Japanese Language, Faculty of Education, Tohoku University, Japan.
B.Sc. Special in Physics with First Class Honors, USJ, Sri Lanka in1995
Serving as an academic staff member (as a Professor in Physics, Senior Lecture I, Senior Lecture II and Lecturer) at the Department of Physics, USJ since 1997.
Served as a Demonstrator in Physics, Department of Physics, USJ from 1995 to 1997.
PHY 105 1.0 Waves & Vibrations
PHY 206 1.0 Mathematical Physics I
PHY 305 1.0 Geophysics I
PHY 317 1.0/ASP 486 1.0 Reflection Seismology
PHY 357 2.0 Geophysics II
PHY 355 4.0 Practical (Advanced)
APS 442 2.0 Applied Geophysics
Electricity & Magnetism, AC Theory, Physical Optics, Modern Physics, Biomechanics, Physics for Technology, Solid Earth Physics, Earth System Physics, Introduction to Physics.
Recent Research Topics/ Publications:
- Studying micro-seismic activity occurring in Central & Eastern parts of Sri Lanka
- Crustal Structure of Mannar Sub Basin – Sri Lanka Using 2D Gravity & Seismic Modeling
- Estimating Sedimentary Thickness of Lanka Basin using Digitized Scanned Seismic Sections
- Development of Sodium Copper Phosphate Cathode for Sodium Ion Battery
- The commercial viability of producing urea by utilizing natural gas discovered in the marginal reservoir Dorado
- Subsurface structure of the offshore Trincomalee, NE of Sri Lanka
- Recognition of Vowels for Sri Lankan Traditional Pirith Chanting Using Formant Variation
- A Computer-Based Analysis of Acoustic Properties of Sri Lankan Pirith Chants Using Voiced to Unvoiced Ratio and Probability Distribution Functions
- Regional Seismic Activity after 2012 M8. 6 Sumatra Earthquake
- NORM analysis of the reservoir sand section in the Dorado natural gas discovery, Mannar basin offshore Sri Lanka
- Offshore double-planed shallow seismic zone in the NE Japan forearc region revealed by sP depth phases recorded by regional networks
Telephone No. Office: +94112758383, 0112758358, 0112803977