B.Sc.(Agri)(Hons) Peradeniya. M.Phil(Ruhuna),Ph.D.(Ruhuna)
Research interests : Cereal Science and Technology, Bakery Science and Technology, Fat and Oil Technology, Post Harvest Technology.
Research publications :
1. Navaratne, S.B. (1986).Efficacy and toxicity of seven insecticides against major insects pests of stored paddy and rice in Sri Lanka. Tropical post harvest technologist. RPRDC, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka.
2. Navaratne, S.B. (1987).Paddy husk ash as a protestant of Cowpea against pulse beetle. RPRDC, Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka Technical note 11/84, 1984.
3. Navaratne, S.B. (2006), Validation of Taguchi Design using a quality parameter of cosmetic soap manufactured in a local industry, Ruhunu Journal of science.
4. Navaratne,S.B. (2007), Exploring possibility of using Davulkurudu leaf extract to improve leavening action and crumb structure of Wheat bread, Tropical Agricultural Research and Extension, an International journal.
5. Navaratne, S.B. (1999). A comparative study on traditional sun drying procedure with a solardrying system for processing selected food items, Annual symposium of the department of Agriculture (ASDA), 2003.
6. Navaratne, S.B. (2005), Package shrinking of commercially packed food product. Tropical Agricultural Research and Extension, an International journal.
7. Navaratne, S.B (2012) Development of a supplementary Product for potato fingers from Banana by coating with edible grade plant gel from Davulkurudu Neolitsea involucrate, TARE (University of Ruhuna).
8. Navaratne, S.B., Nirmani, K.M.N and Wimalasiri, K.M.S. (2013) Determination of development of acids in blanched and raw sesame seeds in extracting of edible grade sesame oil. Tropical Agriculture, THE JOURNAL OF THE FACULTY OF FOOD AND AGRICULTURE THEUNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES, Trinidad
9. Navaratne, S.B., Jayawardena S.S.A. and Ranaweera K.K.D.S (2013) Replacement of Artificial Red coloring of carbonated soft drink with natural color pigment from red layered Hibiscus. International Journal of Advance Research IJOAR .org Volume 1 Issue 9, September 2013
10. Navaratne, S.B. (2013) Selection of Polymer based Packing Materials in packing of hygroscopic food products for long period of storage. European International Journal of Science and Technology ISSN: 2304-9693 76’Westoe Road, South ShieldsTyne & Wear, Post code: NE334NA 40, United Kingdom
11. Navaratne, S.B. and Anjalo, M.D.S (2013) Assessment of Dry Mass Loss of Stored Cereals due to Increment of Stored Temperature in Line with Global Warming, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN: 2319-7064
12. Navaratne, S.B. (2013) Development of Rapid Cooking Jack Seeds for Fast Food Industry by Double Soaking and Double Freezing Method, International Journal of Research in Biological Sciences, Universal research publications
13. Navaratne, S.B and Nawarathne, N.H.N.T (2014). Determination of suitability of Durian seed gum extract (Durio zebethinus) in replacing of Xanthan gum in fruit nectar, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research (IJSER), Volume 2, Issue 2, February 2014.
14. Navaratne, S.B. and Saja Shriff Ali, M. 2014. Fabrication of a hydro cooling system to mitigate dry matter loss of stored wheat grains in silos International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 4, April-2014 572 ISSN 2229-5518 IJSER © 2014
15. Navaratne, S.B. and Senaratne, C. Controlling of Auto Oxidation Process of Soft Dough Biscuits Using Flavonoids Extracted from Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN (Online): 2319-7064 Volume 3 Issue 4, April 2014
16. Jayawardana SAS, Nawarathna SB*, Ranaweera KKDS Tropical Agricultural Research & Extension 16(4): 2014 REPLACEMENT OF ARTIFICIAL COLOURINGS OF A CARBONATED SOFT DRINK WITH NATURAL COLOUR PIGMENTS FROM RED-LAYERED HIBISCUS. Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka
17. S.B. Navaratne and D.J.S. Subasinghe. 2014 Determination of fatty acid profile and physicochemical properties of Watermelon and Soursop seed oils. European International Journal of Applied Science and Technology Vol. 1 No. 4; June 2014
18. S. B Navaratne, 2014. Development of Rapid Cooking Green Gram for Fast Food Industry International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN 2319. Index Copernicus Value (2013) 6.14 | Impact Factor (2013): 4.438
19. S.B Navaratne. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 7, July-2014 1641 ISSN 2229-5518 Determination of changes occurrence in physical, chemical and organoleptic properties of papadam during storage.
20. Peries,M., Wijesekara, K., and Navaratne, S.B., 2014. Screening the Effect of Gelatinization Temperature and Cold Water Soaking on Functional Properties of Selected Traditional Rice Varieties in Sri Lanka. International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approach – 2014. University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka.
21. Navaratne, S.B, Chathurika Sandaruwani, 2014. Preservation of lime fruits under modified atmospheric condition created in a sand bed. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE RESEARCH IN TECHNOLOGY. 2014 IJIRT Volume 1 Issue 9 ISSN 2349-6002
22. Shafrin Saheed and Navaratne, S.B., 2014 Stabilization of fat degradation process in wheat germ (Triticum spp) for edible purposes. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE RESEARCH IN TECHNOLOGY. 2014 IJIRT Volume 1 Issue 10 ISSN 2349-6002
23. Gunaratne, T.M., Gunaratne, N.M., and Navaratne, S.B. 2014 Evaluation of Chemical and organoleptic properties affecting for shelf life of Rice crackers. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE RESEARCH IN TECHNOLOGY. 2014 IJIRT Volume 1 Issue 9 ISSN 2349-6002
24. Gunaratne, T.M., Gunaratne, N.M., and Navaratne, S.B. 2014 Selection of best packing method to extend the shelf life of Rice crackers. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. Volume 6, Issue 2 February 2015.
25. Gunaratne, N.M., Gunaratne T.M. and Navaratne, S.B. 2015Fabrication of a device to measure stickiness of rice for cracker production. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. Volume 6, Issue 2 February 2015.
26. Gunaratne, N.M., Gunaratne T.M. and Navaratne, S.B. 2015 Development of rapid analytical methods to select suitable rice varieties for cracker production. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE RESEARCH IN TECHNOLOGY. 2014 IJIRT Volume 1 Issue 9 ISSN 2349-6002
27. Liyanage, R., Navaratne, S.B., Ranaweera, K.K.D.S. and Wickramasinghe, I. 2015 Social impact Attitude and Behavioral pattern of busy life styles Due to Micro-sleepiness. International Educative Research Foundation and Publisher 2013. ISSN 2411-2933.
28. Hashini I Abeysuria, A.P., Navaratne, S.B. and Alwis, P.L.G. 2015 Design and Development of a Low Cost Prototype Food Penetrometer to Evaluate Quality of Foods. International Journal of Scietific & Engineering Research. Volume 6, Issue 6, 2015 ISSN 2229-5518.
29. Wijewardana,R.M.N.A., Nawarathne,S.B. and Wikramasinghe, I. 2015 Evaluation of Physicochemical and Antioxidant Property of Dehydrated Hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) Flower Petals and Its Stability in Product Preparation. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE RESEARCH IN TECHNOLOGY. IJIRT | Volume 2 Issue 2 | ISSN: 2349-6002